Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Novel Writing Month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : creative writing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Having a go?
Yes and I will succeed!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Yes and I am prepared to fail.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
How mad do you think I am?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Wendy W
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: National Novel Writing Month Reply with quote

In case you don't know what it is, National Novel Writing Month is a challenge to write a 50,000 word work of fiction between the 1st of November and midnight on the 30th of November. Many fail, but some succeed.

The goal is not so much to write a brilliant work of fiction, but just to get to the end in time. I'm going to have a go this year and so is Jess. Anybody else up for the challenge?

opticalparadox
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovy. I've heard of this before... How's the story going? What's it about? It sounds like an interesting challenge if you have a free month available in Nov.
Optical Paradox: design solutions - web design leeds, web design harrogate, web design barnsley | Artistic Directory & Forum - uk art directory, online portfolios, artists resources | Epiphany: Open your mind, Evolve as a human being

opticalparadox
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might try it next year or on a different month instead but I suppose it may be harder all by yourself without any moral support.
Optical Paradox: design solutions - web design leeds, web design harrogate, web design barnsley | Artistic Directory & Forum - uk art directory, online portfolios, artists resources | Epiphany: Open your mind, Evolve as a human being

Wendy W
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My story died a death.

I wasn't get anywhere with it and have so much other stuff to do that it didn't really seem worth it. Do you ever get those times where you just seem to have nothing to say for a while? I had a few days like that.

If you do pick another month I might always join you in another attempt.

opticalparadox
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Do you ever get those times where you just seem to have nothing to say for a while?" Absolutely, I used to blog quite regularly but then all of sudden I felt as if I had nothing original to share with the world. Maybe I had reached some kind of zen state-of-mind, where I realised everything had already been said.

I've started thinking about writing a book, if only for me but yep, so far have gone through many ideas and everything seems old and cliched. I was thinking afterwards, I could attempt to illustrate it. I'd like to try my hand at painting. Possibly too ambitious a project but might be something to tackle on an ongoing basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : creative writing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: