Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Puzzle Box, Chapters 11 & 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : creative writing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Edward Picot
Professional

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: The Puzzle Box, Chapters 11 & 12 Reply with quote

“All of yesterday I feared for my husband's life,” said the Queen. “I carried him to my palace beneath the earth, and gave him food and drink. Ice-cold water from the well beneath the world-tree, and manna from the deserts of the moon. Tonight he stood up and asked what time of year it was. Then he went roaming out into the world, as he used to in the old days. I went up to the moon, to keep watch, and it seemed to me that the world already looked different. Then I remembered the puzzle that you had shown me, Dora, and I guessed the answer."

The secret of the box is revealed, the children see Father Christmas, and Dora learns what she has to do to get her Dad back.

"The Puzzle Box has all the magical numinous quality of Lewis, Tolkien,
and L'Engle." - Millie Niss, writer and new media artist, http://www.sporkworld.org .

Chapter eleven is online now: please note that chapter twelve will be uploaded on Christmas Eve. I shan't be posting any notices about it, so please remember to check back.

http://www.edwardpicot.com/puzzlebox/
(If you don't see links to all the chapters when you get to the Puzzle Box index-page, click CTRL + Refresh to update the page.)

- Edward Picot
http://hyperex.co.uk - The Hyperliterature Exchange
http://edwardpicot.com - personal website

Jess
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Puzzle Box, Chapters 11 & 12 Reply with quote

Dear Edward,
As you might of noticed, no one currently views this forum, so posting here is rather redundant, though I would love to be proven wrong, if anything I'd love to have your help to return it to some level of activity but since the only semi active people here are Marbles, Wendy and I, I am most fearful this will not happen.

Please help us more than just posting your work, Though I do find your work interesting, please don't get me wrong and forgive me if I appear sharp, I mean no offence.

Thanks

Jess

Owner & Head Photographer
fiveCARDSdown,
Head of Creative Direction
BLOODred,

All images and designs posted by Jessica Ottowell/mkf5Cd
© 2009 fiveCARDSdown Group

Edward Picot
Professional

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jess -

Yes, I'd noticed. The reason I keep posting here is because more than a hundred people always view the posts. I never get any comments (I get comments in other forums), but I do get views.

I do try to post about other work apart from my own - the recent "Lift up Your Heads, O Ye Gates" item refers to an article about David Daniels, the shape poet, for example; and along with my final post about The Puzzle Box (which I'm just about to add - I promise it's the last one) I shall be putting up a list of experimental videos I've seen and liked lately in the film forum.

If I don't get more involved in dialogues it's because I post in a lot of forums. But if people were to respond to my posts I'd respond to their responses.

- Edward
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : creative writing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: