Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you believe in ghosts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  

opticalparadox
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Do you believe in ghosts? Reply with quote

Hell no, I hear the cynics amongst you cry. Although, I haven't actually seen a ghost 'in the flesh' myself, a reliable friend of mine has, and no, he wasn't stoned or drunk at the time. Well, he can't have been every time as there have been several instances, too many to disregard as a figment of his imagination. A malevolent force seems to follow him around. I believe this is known as a poltergeist, when the entity is focused on a person rather than a house or building. Both he and his family have also openly talked about their home being haunted. Apparently, the spirit is often quiet around strangers due to shyness but makes an appauling noise at other times. They almost seem to accept it as a member of the family, constantly shouting at it to 'shut up.' Needless to say: I have never felt the urge to sleepover.

One of the worst / surreal experiences that he has had, happened during art college. We were all living in halls and his girlfriend's room was diagonally across the corridor from mine. One night, whilst sleeping together in her room, they both woke up at exactly the same moment, after suffering dreadful nightmares and both had an unsettling feeling that there was something disturbing in the room. They were so frightened that they ran downstairs to his bedroom, switched on the light which immediately blew. And then saw a dark figure eerily move across the corridor. In the morning, everyone was quite freaked out by their explanation of the previous night's events, particularly myself because I also remembered having a nightmare, in which a voice had said to me, "You know your room is haunted, don't you?" - Jen
Optical Paradox: design solutions - web design leeds, web design harrogate, web design barnsley | Artistic Directory & Forum - uk art directory, online portfolios, artists resources | Epiphany: Open your mind, Evolve as a human being

Wendy W
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too much of a cynic I guess.
I've seen things that don't make any sence. I've had dreams that have come true down to every detail to the point where I was reminding myself what was going to happen before it did. Far, far too specific to be deja vu.
I've watched something on tv at night and the next day my bestfriend has told me they have had a dream about the same thing but they couldn't have seen it being that they didn't have the channel I was watching.
Peope who I would normally believe unconditionally about such things have described incredibley wierd goings on. I have no reason to doubt them but like I said, I'm a cynic. I still don't believe in anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : miscellaneous All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: