Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woman to give birth in art gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : fine art & printmaking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

paranoidandroid
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Woman to give birth in art gallery Reply with quote

Interesting idea, not something I would personaly want to go and see.

Quote:
BERLIN (Reuters) - A Berlin couple plan to have their first baby at an art gallery, the gallery owner said on Saturday, confirming a newspaper report.

Quote:
"It's a gift to humanity, a once in a lifetime thing," Bild newspaper quoted Winfried Witt, partner of mother-to-be Ramune Gele, as saying.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050416/80/fgh9q.html

opticalparadox
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I suppose the creation of life could be considered an art form but I'm sure watching the actual procedure is not for the faint-hearted. Mmm - the thought of child-birth frightens me although I've already decided on a few boys and girls names for the future. Definitely controversial to give birth in an art gallery or anywhere in public.

Interestingly, I have been told that quite a few people do not appreciate the Optical Paradox logo. One even commented that they found the embryo offensive. I was shocked. I thought the creation of life was supposed to be beautiful but people seem to get squimish. But I am being stubborn and keeping it. It was my chosen corporate/brand identity and is buried in my design philosophy now. Anyway, I suppose even if it offends at least it makes a statement and provokes a reaction. Controversial as it may seem.

Funnily enough, an American company tried to sell me a directory listing by categorising me in the maternal clinic section. They must have took one glance at the website and thought embryo = pregnancy instead of the 'conception' of design ideas or whatever my original design concept was. It amused me that they were trying to sell me something for a few hundred quid and did not even bother to read the 'design solutions.' header.
Optical Paradox: design solutions - web design leeds, web design harrogate, web design barnsley | Artistic Directory & Forum - uk art directory, online portfolios, artists resources | Epiphany: Open your mind, Evolve as a human being

opticalparadox
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking....how do they plan to arrange this art exhibition? Are they going to induce labour? Or are the audience just going to be summoned when her waters break? It is madness, as the follow art gallery owner professed.
Optical Paradox: design solutions - web design leeds, web design harrogate, web design barnsley | Artistic Directory & Forum - uk art directory, online portfolios, artists resources | Epiphany: Open your mind, Evolve as a human being

Wendy W
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they could sell tickets and keep everyone with a ticket on speed dial. You'd just have to hope you weren't out of town when you got the phone call.

And by the way I see nothing that could be considered offencive about the image on your site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Artistic Directory Forum Index : fine art & printmaking All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: